Finance Manager (Part-Time)
Scope of Position
Responsible for all functions of accounting and fiscal controls, including general ledger, financial statements, management reports, restricted grant funding and external compliance reports, for a $1 million operating budget and ~$700,000 quasi-endowment. Maintain a donor database and reporting using Salesforce.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage financial control systems and procedures covering all income, expenses and capital transactions using QuickBooks. This includes responsibility for all deposits and payment of all expenses with appropriate segregation of duties.
- Process bi-weekly payroll through ADP and collect hourly employee time sheets and maintain employee time off requests.
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts monthly.
- Close general ledger monthly, after recording all financial activity and reconciling all financial balances.
- Prepare monthly financial board reports and quarterly Finance Committee reports; attend quarterly Finance Committee meetings.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, create the annual budget and quarterly budget projections updates.
Audit and External Filing
- Coordinate yearly audits (financial, workers comp), including preparation of audit papers per prescribed formats, resolution of audit questions, and serving as liaison between the auditor and NSC employees.
- Oversee tax and external filings, including IRS Form 990, MA Form PC, federal and state payroll filings, Forms 1099 and other compliance reports as needed.
- Monitor operating and capital grants/gift income and expenses, including pledges.
- Generate monthly reports on temp restricted income and expenses.
- Review grants/gifts documentation for income recognition per GAAP.
- Maintain capital campaign income/expenses to monitor progress.
- BS Accounting, Masters preferred
- Proficiency with QuickBooks, Excel, Word, Salesforce
- Nonprofit accounting experience required including restricted grant and donation management
- Demonstrated analytical and research skills, proven adeptness at detail work as well as the portrayal of clear and concise summary-level work
- High degree of self-motivation and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to succinctly communicate complex messaging in a credible and clear manner
- Proven accounting experience with at least 3 years of management-level in small to mid-sized non-profit organizations, public accounting or related experience
- Demonstrated experience managing competing priorities and deadlines successfully
Please send cover letter and resume to Carol Gloff, firstname.lastname@example.org.